DECEMBER 6th PMT Legislative Update: New Laws You Must Know (FREE REGISTRATION!)
Pillinger Miller Tarallo and St. John’s Tobin Center for Executive Education, its Maurice R. Greenberg School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science proudly present Our 7th Conference Series Webinar
Webinar (CLE and CE credits available) 2023 PMT Legislative Update: New Laws You Must Know
Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 - 1:30-3:00PM EST
REGISTER BELOW, DO NOT BUY/ADD TO CART
Although this webinar is free, you must register and provide your eMail address to receive the Webinar Link a few days before December 6th.
1.5 CLE Credits for Attorneys and 1 CE Credit is available for claims administrators who are licensed in NY, NJ or PA. Must supply license, state, position and eMail upon registration and must attend the entire webinar. To receive attendance credit you cannot only listen by telephone.
There is always new legislation that can have dramatic effects on the insurance industry. In this webinar, we explore with a panel of experts new and proposed legislation that you must know and what the legislation means for the insurance industry.
AGENDA: Wednesday December 6th, 2023, 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Opening Remarks, Thomas M. Bona, Esq., Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
Grieving Families Act
- It's about time and why now?
- What are the differences between the current law and the new law?
- Opening a black hole and what are the limits to the new law?
- Who's Crying Now - What will be the cost to the industry and policyholders?
Artificial Intelligence and the CPLR (Civil Practice Law and Rules) - a Match Made in Heaven or Perfect Strangers?
- Key Provisions
- Artificial Intelligence and Experts
- Is the judiciary tech savvy enough to apply the new law?
- Will juries give too much weight to AI evidence to the detriment of real evidence?
Waiting to Erupt? Proposed Bad Faith Legislation and Unfair Settlement Practices Act in New York. What is the current bad faith law and what would the proposed laws change?
- Key provisions
- Creating a private cause of action-time for New York to become a pro policyholder?
- Can the insurance industry afford these new laws?
- Moderator: Thomas M. Bona, Esq., Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Mark H. Pillinger, Esq., Executive Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Neil L Sambursky, Esq., Managing Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- John J. Tambascia, Esq., Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Kenneth A. Krajewski, Esq., Partner - Pillinger Miller and Tarallo, LLP
- S. Joseph Donahue, Esq., Partner - Block O'Toole and Murphy
- Professor Albert J. Beer - St. John's Greenberg School of Risk Management XL Chair
- Hon. John DiBlasi - NAM and Retired Supreme Court Justice