Professional Certificate in Marine Insurance Fundamentals
The Peter J. Tobin College of Business of St. John's University in Collaboration with the American Institute of Marine Underwriting (AIMU) Now Offers the 'Marine Insurance Fundamentals' Professional Certificate Program
Marine Insurance Fundamentals is a self-paced online learning curriculum providing eleven (11) hours of insurance learning. These highly interactive and dynamic online courses are developed by AIMU and industry experts in conjunction with St. John's University's Greenberg School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science. In addition to a full introduction to Marine and Cargo insurance coverage, the curriculum includes a background to insurance and risk management. Login credentials and access to the curriculum is available within 24 hours of purchase and registration.
Marine Insurance Fundamentals is ideal for any individual needing an expert overview of key Marine insurance industry concepts, such as new hires or those seeking to learn concepts and coverages beyond their current responsibility.
Marine Insurance Fundamentals is designed as a comprehensive three-module package. Learners will receive a Professional Certificate of Completion from St. John's University's Tobin Center for Executive Education upon completion of the curriculum.
Full curriculum purchase: $580
For corporate clients, call to discuss discount pricing; we offer two options:
- Hosting by St. John's University: Course files are accessed on St. John’s Online Learning Portal. Once enrollees register and receive login credentials, courses can be completed at the learner’s preferred pace. All registration, tracking, reporting and technical support functions are provided as part of this license. Licenses are based on the number of seats purchased; bulk discounts apply.
- Hosting on the client's Learning Management System: Courses are provided as SCORM-compliant files for uploading into the client’s Learning Management System.
For more information about either option, email Herb Chain, Executive Director, Center for Executive Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Module One: Insurance Industry Financial Basics (2.0 hours)
- Insurance Industry Overview: Risk, Markets and Regulation
- Introduction to Property & Casualty Insurance Contracts
- Overview of Insurance Carrier Operations
- Introduction to Insurance Carrier Finance
Module Two: Marine Insurance Fundamentals (4.5 hours)
- The Ocean Marine Cargo Transportation Process
- Introduction to Hull Insurance
- Introduction to the American Institute Cargo Clauses
- Charterers Liability
- Freight Forwarders Liability
Module Three: Introduction to Risk Transfer and the Insurance Industry (4.5 hours)
- Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Introduction to Property and Casualty Insurance
- Introduction to Insurance Distribution Channels
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk Transfer and Policy Design