Commercial Insurance Fundamentals is a sequenced curriculum encompassing fifteen (15) hours of online, self-paced learning. The courses contain all of the essential information needed for an introduction to the insurance industry and core commercial coverages, and can be taken either at home, the office, or on the road. Access to the curriculum is available immediately upon hire date.
Commercial Insurance Fundamentals is ideal for any individual needing an expert overview of key insurance industry concepts – including new hires, non-market facing staff or those needing to learn concepts and coverages beyond their current responsibility.
Commercial Insurance Fundamentals can be taken as a comprehensive four-module package to achieve a thorough onboarding or as stand-alone modules targeting a specific coverage line. Learners will receive a certificate of completion from St. John’s University’s Tobin Center for Executive Education for each module completed and a final, signed certificate of completion upon finishing the entire curriculum.
Commercial Insurance Fundamentals – For Individual Purchase Use the Shopping Cart Icon Above
Full Series Purchase: $580 (12% Discount on the Four Modules Listed Below)
Individual Module Cost as Shown Below
- Insurance Industry Fundamentals - $165
- Commercial Property Insurance Fundamentals - $165
- Commercial General Liability Fundamentals - $165
- Fundamentals of Workers Compensation, Commercial Auto and Garage Liability - $165
Individual License Option:
- Commercial Insurance Fundamentals – Individual License: To purchase a license and for immediate enrollment. Click on the modules above for details.
Corporate Purchase Options:
- Commercial Insurance Fundamentals Hosted License – Group License for Corporate Clients: Course files are accessed on St. John’s Online Learning Portal. Once enrollees register and receive login credentials, courses can be completed at the learner’s preferred pace. Email Herb Chain: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial Insurance Fundamentals Distributed License for Corporate Clients: Program course files are provided for upload into the client’s Learning Management System. Email Herb Chain: email@example.com.
Module One: Insurance Industry Fundamentals (3.0 hours)
- Introduction to the Insurance Industry
- Introduction to Property and Casualty Insurance
- Introduction to Insurance Distribution Channels
- Insurance Industry Overview: Risk, Markets and Regulation
- Introduction to Property & Casualty Insurance Contracts
- Overview of Insurance Carrier Operations
- Introduction to Insurance Carrier Finance
Module Two: Commercial Property Insurance Fundamentals (4.5 hours)
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk Transfer and Policy Design
- Introduction to C.O.P.E. (Construction, Occupancy, Protection, Exposure)
- Property Insurance Core Principles
- Property Insurance Coverages
- Property Insurance Limit Determination
- Property Insurance Risk Management
- Introduction to Business Income
- Introduction to Business Owners Policy
Module Three: Commercial General Liability Fundamentals (3.5 hours)
- Commercial General Liability: Core Principles
- Commercial General Liability: Coverages
- Commercial General Liability: Products – Completed Operations Hazard
- Commercial General Liability: Exclusions
- Owners and Contractors Protective Liability
- Introduction to Commercial Umbrella Liability
- Commercial Umbrella/Maintenance of Underlying Limits
Module Four: Fundamentals of Workers Compensation, Business Automobile and Garage Liability (4.0 hours)
- Workers Compensation Insurance Core Principles
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverages
- Workers Compensation Insurance Classifications
- Workers Compensation Insurance Risk Management
- Introduction to Commercial Auto Insurance Coverages
- Introduction to Commercial Auto Insurance Declarations, Classification and Rating
- Introduction to Garage Coverages