Killing the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggs (FREE REGISTRATION!)
Pillinger Miller Tarallo and St. John’s Tobin Center for Executive Education, its Maurice R. Greenberg School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science (GRSM) proudly present -
Killing the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggs: Will progressive legislation and judicial decisions do what natural disasters couldn't do in New York?
The Webinar Will be Held Wednesday November 17th 2021, 2:00-4:15PM EST
Webinar Link Will Be Distributed Just Before The Event
Our third conference series will examine whether insurance companies can survive and thrive in New York. New York is the financial and commercial capital of the United States. As a leading insurance hub, the rest of the country closely follows its lead. In this webinar, we examine whether proposed legislation and recent judicial decisions will cause insurers to restrict the availability of insurance in New York.
Our panel consists of PMT partners, industry leaders, and Greenberg School of Risk Management professors who will look at the future of insurance in New York.
- Marc H. Pillinger, Executive Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Jeffrey T. Miller, Executive Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Jeffrey D. Schulman, Executive Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
- Mark J. Brown, Ph.D., Faculty Chair of the School of Risk Management in the Tobin College of Business at St. John's University
- Douglas C. Millner, CRIS, Assistant Vice President - Claim Account Manager North America Construction - a division of AXA
- Jack Jennings, Adjunct Professor - Maurice R. Greenberg School of Risk Management
- Thomas M. Bona, Partner - Pillinger Miller Tarallo, LLP
2:00PM-3:00PM - Session One: Danger Ahead
- Effect of bad faith legislation on insurance availability.
- Effect of bad faith legislation on damages awards.
- Will recent record damage awards become the new normal for New York?
- Do insurance companies consider a state's tort claim climate when deciding whether to do business there?
- What effect do absolute liability and New York's labor law have on construction and insurance?
3:00PM-3:15PM - Break
3:15PM-4:15PM - Session Two: Only in New York
- What can the new Governor do to encourage and restore trust for insurance companies doing business in New York?
- Is New York still and influential insurance state?
- Given the current make-up of the New York legislature, is there any hope legislation can be passed to soften or mitigate New York's labor law?
A Q&A session will be held towards the end of Session Two
Time: 2:00-4:15 - Followed by a Q&A
Location: Webinar Link Will Be Distributed Before the Event