The Fintech Conference (The 6th Applied Financial Modeling Conference) will be jointly hosted by The Peter J. Tobin College of Business of St. John’s University, Fintechnews.org, the Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association, and the Centre for Financial Econometrics (Deakin University) on November 1, 2018 at St. John’s Manhattan, New York City campus.
Why this conference is unique
This conference will be unique for two reasons.
First, it will bring together under one roof both academics and industry experts. The day will combine perspectives of Fintech from an industry point of view with the perspectives derived from academic research.
Second, the conference will provide multiple networking opportunities where academic researchers will be able to discuss their ideas and data challenges with industry experts. It is envisaged that this proposed interaction of industry experts and academic researchers on Fintech will open opportunities for cutting-edge research on Fintech.
Distinguished speakers and panelists
Dr. David Yermack, Albert Fingerhut Professor of Finance and Business Transformation at Stern, NYU, one of the most recognized researchers in FinTech area, will join the conference and deliver the keynote.
In addition, we have the following guests confirmed to deliver FinTech related topics:
- Julapa Jagtiani, Special Advisor at Federal Reserve Bank
- Salvatore Moccia, Professor of Strategic Management, founder and CEO of Fintech News
- Montse Guell, Digital Challenge - Emerging Technologies Director at Banc Sabadell Group, Vice President Blockchain Alastria Consortium, and President of the Quantum Blockchain Alliance. The title of the presentation will be: “Alastria, the first blockchain consortium in the world”
- Teresa Alarcos, Board Member. The title of the presentation will be: “New strategic trends, how to be ready for disruption in the digital age - Case studies in fintech”
- Edwin Colella, Vice President of OCTO Telematics - Mobility. The title of the presentation will be: “Telematics for insurances, shared mobility and car sharing”
- Bharat Krish, Founder and CEO at RefineAI.com. The title of the presentation will be: “The use of Artificial Intelligence in Finance”
- Hugues Jacquemin, Former Vice-President and General Manager of Imerys Graphite & Carbon