Personal Insurance Fundamentals is a sequenced curriculum encompassing ten (10) hours of online, self-paced learning. These highly interactive and dynamic online courses are developed by industry experts in conjunction with St. John's University's School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science, the courses contain all of the essential information needed for an introduction to the insurance industry and core personal lines coverages, and can be taken either at home, the office, or on the road. Access to the curriculum is available immediately upon registration.
Personal Insurance Fundamentals is ideal for any individual needing an expert overview of key insurance industry concepts – including new hires, non-market facing staff or those needing to learn concepts and coverages beyond their current responsibility.
Personal Insurance Fundamentals can be taken as a comprehensive three-module package to achieve a thorough onboarding or as stand-alone modules targeting a specific topic. Learners will receive a certificate of completion for each module completed and a final, signed Professional Certificate of Completion from St. John's University's Tobin Center for Executive Education upon finishing the entire curriculum.
Personal Insurance Fundamentals – For individual purchase use the Shopping Cart icon above.
Full curriculum purchase: $395 (15% discount on the three (3) modules listed below)
- Insurance Industry Fundamentals - $165
- Personal Lines Insurance Fundamentals - $150
- Personal Lines - Additional Coverages - $150
For corporate clients, we offer two options:
- Hosting by St. John's University: Course files are accessed on St. John’s Online Learning Portal. Once enrollees register and receive login credentials, courses can be completed at the learner’s preferred pace. All registration, tracking, reporting and technical support functions are provided as part of this license. Licenses are based on the number of seats purchased; bulk discounts apply.
- Hosting on the client's Learning Management System: Courses are provided as SCORM-compliant files for uploading into the client’s Learning Management System.
For more information about either option, email Herb Chain, Executive Director, Center for Executive Education at email@example.com.
Module One: Insurance Industry Fundamentals (3.5 hours)
- Insurance Industry Overview: Risk, Markets and Regulation
- Introduction to Property & Casualty Insurance Contracts
- Overview of Insurance Carrier Operations
- Introduction to Insurance Carrier Finance
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk Transfer and Policy Design
Module Two: Personal Insurance Fundamentals (4.0 hours)
- Insurance-To-Value for Homeowners
- Homeowners Property: Core Principles
- Homeowners Personal Liability: Core Principles
- Homeowners HO-3
- Homeowners HO-4
- Homeowners HO-6
- Dwelling Coverage
- Review of 1991 vs 2000 ISO Homeowners Policy Differences
Module Three: Additional Personal Lines Coverages (2.5 hours)
- Introduction to the Personal Umbrella Policy
- Personal Articles Floater (Personal Inland Marine)
- Personal Watercraft Coverage
- Introduction to Personal Automobile Coverage