POSTPONED TO FALL: 2020 RIMS-CRMP Prep Workshop
RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMS-CRMP) Prep Workshop
RIMS, the risk management society, joins forces with the Tobin Center for Executive Education to bring you this certification prep workshop.
Gain an edge with the RIMS-CRMP, the only internationally accredited risk management certification. Earning the RIMS-CRMP demonstrates your knowledge of risk management competencies and commitment to quality. Establish yourself as a recognized expert and leader in the risk management discipline - and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today's economy.
- Be better prepared to conquer daily challenges
- Continue to advance your education and stay up-to-date on the most current risk management trends and practices
- Enhance your enterprise-wide risk management perspective
- Prepare you for more senior financial, operational and Chief Risk officer Roles; increase your earning potential
- Gain a competitive advantage over your peers
- Elevate your status and prestige; enhance your professional reputation; become a better asset to your organization overall
Start your RIMS-CRMP journey today and join us at this prep workshop to:
- Prepare with case studies, hands-on exercises and an action planner
- Review the five core competencies of a risk professional, analyzing the:
- Business Model
- Designing Organizational Risk Strategies
- Implementing the Risk Process
- Developing Organization Risk Competency
- Supporting Decision Making
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is aimed at staff, managers, directors and executives across all industries who are required to identify and analyze risks and associated uncertainties.
Dates: MAY 19-20, 2020 (2 days total)
Time: 9:00 PM-5:00 PM each day
Cost: $2,250 (Includes $350 for RIMS-CRMP RIMS member Exam Application Fee)
Location: Center for Executive Education, St. John's University 101 Astor Place, New York, NY 10003
Due to course pre-work, registration for this course will close May 15, 2020
About the RIMS-CRMP Certification
RIMS, the risk management society, launched the RIMS-CRMP certification in 2015 after a rigorous development process with the participation of experienced risk management subject matter experts. The RIMS-CRMP addresses the need for stakeholder confidence in risk management professionals. RIMS members and non-members alike can earn the RIMS-CRMP regardless of career path. The RIMS-CRMP holds official accreditation from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under ISO/IEC 17024:2012, which makes it the only risk management certification in the world to hold such status.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or global equivalent) in risk management and one year of full-time work experience (or full-time equivalent) in risk management OR...
- Bachelor's degree or higher (or global equivalent) in non-risk management area of study and three years of full-time risk management experience (or full-time equivalent) in risk management
NOTE: Degrees must be obtained from an accredited or equivalent schools of higher education. Internships count towards risk management experience. Click here for non-degree experience requirements and to learn more about Risk Management Experience
Students enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree program or higher (or global equivalent) in risk management may apply for the RIMS-CRMP certification and take the examination. Students will not be awarded the certificate and may not hold themselves as certificate holders until after passing the exam, completing the degree requirement, and demonstrating one-year of full-time experience in risk management.
2) Register for the May 19-20 RIMS-CRMP Prep Workshop (The RIMS-CRMP exam application fee is included in the program fee.)
3) Visit the RIMS-CRMP portal to create a profile and start your application
4) EMail RIMS-CRMP@RIMS.ORG to request the discount code to waive the exam application fee.
5) Submit your RIMS-CRMP application for approval
6) Register for the RIMS-CRMP exam at a Pearson VUE test location near you within 90 days of completing the pre course [View testing windows and find exam location.]
7) Take the RIMS-CRMP exam and pass.
8) Receive your RIMS-CRMP Certification. RIMS will send you a certificate suitable for display and your RIMS-CRMP lapel pin. Your RIMS-CRMP Certification is valid for two years.
Please download the RIMS-CRMP Candidate Handbook for information on program requirements, policies, procedures and testing accommodations. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the RIMS Client Services Team at 212.286.9292 or RIMS-CRMP@RIMS.ORG.
Dr. John (Jack) Hampton is a Professor of Business at St. Peter's University in New Jersey and a principal in the Princeton Consulting Group. Previously he was Executive Director or the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), Dean of the schools of business at Seton Hall and Connecticut State Universities and provost of the College of Insurance in New York City.
Jack specializes in Enterprise and Financial Risk Management. He was named a 2011 Innovation Award winner by Business Insurance magazine and a Risk Innovator of 2008 by Risk and Insurance magazine. The American Library Association selected the AMA Handbook of Financial Risk Management as one of three outstanding business reference books of 2012. He is the author of Fundamentals of Enterprise Risk Management (2nd Edition), 2014.
He has delivered presentations at professional meetings including the 2015 Galaxy Risk Management Seminar in Abu Dhabi, the 2014 Best Practices in Risk Management conference in Riga, Latvia, the 2014 Business Insurance Risk Management Summit in New York, the 2013 Risk Symposium at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, and the 2013 World Captive Insurance Forum in Miami.
He holds Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Business Administration degrees from The George Washington University.
The program is run in a small classroom setting that gives you frequent one-on-one access to faculty. Using case studies, current business articles, in-class exercises, small group projects our faculty will lead you to focus on key knowledge and skills you need to create new market opportunities.
Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure this course runs as described on this web page. Please note that course dates and professors are subject to change. You will be notified by eMail in advance if there is a change in date or professor. Additionally, this course also requires a minimum number of registrants in order to take place. You will be notified by eMail if the course does not meet this minimum.